Dr CHAN Hin Yeung, Rami 陳顯揚博士
BSS (First Class Honours) (CityU)
Senior Lecturer, Department of Social Science
Tel : (852) 3963 5251
Email : email@example.com
- Research Interests
- Projects and Grants
- Selected Publications
- Selected Conference Presentations
Dr. Rami Chan is a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Social Science at The Hang Seng University of Hong Kong (HSUHK). Prior to joining HSUHK, Rami had taught politics and public policy courses for the Department of Political Science at Lingnan University where he completed his PhD. Among his areas of interest in crisis management, politics and public administration, he specializes in crisis-provoking politics of Post-1997 Hong Kong which is also the main theme of his PhD thesis. His research examines how state and non-state actors interact during crises, as well as their crisis communication strategies, with particular focus in the discussion on crisis management theories and frameworks from a comparative approach.
As Council Member (2016-20) and Vice-President (2018-20) of the Hong Kong Political Science Association, he was the coordinator for the HKPSA Annual Conference held at Hang Seng Management College (now HSUHK) in October 2017. Apart from his research focus in crisis management, he received funding from private sector for projects related to urban studies and management such as conducting historical research on the Tate’s Cairn Tunnel (and the Siu Lek Yuen neighborhood) and providing consultancy service to the Hong Kong School of Motoring.
- The Politics of Crisis Management
- Crisis Communication
- Government and Public Administration in HK
- Urban History and Policy
- Jul 2017 – Jul 2018 (as Principal-Investigator) “History of Tate’s Cairn Tunnel Research Project” funded by Tate’s Cairn Tunnel Co. Ltd. (Award: HKD $300,000)
- Apr 2017 – Jul 2018 (as Co-Investigator) “Research and Publication – Farewell and Solace: A Pictorial Account of Hong Kong Chinese Funeral Rituals” funded by Lord Wilson Heritage Trust (Award: HKD $98,000)
- Liu, Yihong and Chan, Rami H. Y. (2018). The Framework of Crisis-Induced Agenda Setting in China. Asia and the Pacific Policy Studies, 5(1), 18-33.
- Chan, Rami H. Y. (2016). How Crisis Matters: The Crisis Provoking Politics and State-Society Interaction in Post-1997 Hong Kong. China: An International Journal, 14(4), 22-45.
- Chan, H. Y. (2013). Crisis Politics in Authoritarian Regimes: How Crises Catalyse Changes under the State-Society Interactive Framework. Journal of Contingencies and Crisis Management, 21(4), 200-210.
- Chan, Rami H. Y. (2018). Crisis Communication and Politics in China, presented at 25th IPSA World Congress of Political Science, held at Brisbane, Australia, 21-25 July 2018.
- Chan, Rami H. Y. (2016). Interpreting Hong Kong’s Umbrella Movement: Pro-Government Perspectives, presented at Australian Political Studies Association Conference, held at Sydney, Australia, 26-28 September 2016.
- Chan, Rami H. Y. (2016). Has the Media Been Out of Focus?: An Alternative Perspective on the Anti-High Speed Railway Movement in Hong Kong, presented at The 74th Annual Midwest Political Science Association Conference, held at Chicago, USA, 7-10 April 2016.
- Chan, Rami H. Y. (2014). Crisis Politics of the SARS Epidemic: A Comparative Study of Mainland China, Singapore, Hong Kong and Taiwan, presented at New Zealand Political Studies Association Conference, held at Auckland, New Zealand, 1-3 December 2014.
- Chan, H. Y. (2014). The Three-Tier Regulation on Private High Education Sector: Experiences in Hong Kong, presented at International Research Society for Public Management Conference, held at Ottawa, Canada, 9-11 April 2014.
- Chan, H. Y. (2012). The Relationship between Governance Crisis and Public Policy: Beyond the Policy Window, refereed proceeding of Australian Political Studies Association Conference, held at Hobart, Australia, 24-26 September 2012.
GEN1000 Perspectives on General Education
ASI4001 Disaster and Crisis Management in Asia