Dr CHAN Chi Ming, Victor
PhD (Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University)
Assistant Professor, Department of Social Science
Residential College Associate Master, Amity College
Tel : (852) 3963 5108
Email : email@example.com
Dr Chan obtained his BEcon and MPhil (Politics and Public Administration) from The University of Hong Kong, PGDE (Economics) and MA (Anthropology) from The Chinese University of Hong Kong, and PhD (Asia Pacific Studies) from Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University in Japan. Before joining the Department, he taught courses in political science and public administration at the University of Macau and the Open University of Hong Kong.
Global Health Governance; Cross-border Crisis Management; Sino-Japanese Relationships; Japanese Politics; Development of General Education Curriculum
Selected Journal Articles
- Chan, C. M. V. (2014) “Politics of Compliance in Global Infectious Disease Control: Cases of SARS Control in China”, Journal of Public Administration and Governance, Volume 4(1), 114-133.
- Chan, C.M. V. (2014) “Paradigm Shift of Japan’s Monetary Policymaking: Implications of Abe Shinzo’s Return to Power”, Journal of International Relations and Diplomacy, Volume 2(4), 259-270.
- 陳志明、梁偉賢、林榮鈞（2014）。「通識課程設計中的挑戰與機遇：一間香港私立專上院校的經驗分享」。《大學通識》。總第八期。頁 81-105。
- Chan, C. M. V (2006). A New Pathway for Regional Governance in East Asia: From Economic-driven Regionalization to Crisis-driven Regionalism”, Ritsumeikan Journal of Asia Pacific Studies, Volume 21, pp.149-161.
- Chan, C. M. V. (2005). ’Normalizing’ Japanese Democracy: From Political Reform in the 1990s to the 2005 ‘Postal Election’” Journal of Comparative Asian Development, Volume 4, No. 2, pp.405-426.
- Chan, C. M. V (2004). Domestic Determinants of Sino-Japanese Relationship in the Context of ASEAN Plus Three”, Ritsumeikan Journal of Asia Pacific Studies, Volume 14, pp.131-152.
- 陳志明（2015）「建立國際視野 以亞洲為起點」，恒管語絲，星島日報，4月22目。
- “Constructing Mutual Trust in Healing: A Study of Traditional Chinese Herbal Medicine Shop in Hong Kong” at 2015 ASIANetwork Conference (US), 10-12 April 2015.
- “Sino-Japanese Relationship in the Context of Regional Integration in the Asia Pacific” at 5th International Association for Asia Pacific Studies Conference (South Korea), 27-28 November 2014.
- “China’s Security Priorities under Xi Jinping Leading to a Political Deadlock in the Democratization process in Hong Kong” at 12th Asia Pacific Conference (Japan), 1-2 November 2014.
- “Sino-Japanese Diplomatic Rivalry in ASEAN and Africa: Implications for Japan’s Aid Policy” at 2014 Hawaii International Conference on Social Sciences (US), 28-31 May 2014.
- “Japan’s New Democracy: the Rise of Local Political Forces” at The 8th International Convention of Asia Scholars (Macau), 24-27 June 2013.
- “Paradigm Shift of Japan’s Monetary Policymaking: Implications of Abe Shinzo’s Return to Power” at 2013 KAPS International Conference (South Korea), 14-15 June 2013.
- “Regional Governance and Emerging Diseases in the Asia Pacific: The Roles of WHO Western Pacific Regional Office” at 3rd International Association for Asia Pacific Studies Conference (Hong Kong), 23-24 November 2012.
- ASI3008 Japanese Culture and Society
- GEN1003 East Asian Cultures: A Comparison of Japanese and Korean Cultures