Dr WONG Tai Tak, Andy 黃大德博士
MA & MPhil (KU Leuven)
Lecturer, Department of Social Science
Tel : (852) 3963 5387
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Andy Wong obtained his Ph.D in philosophy at the Université de Liège in 2017. His dissertation is entitled “Critical Life: Bergson, Canguilhem and the Critical Investigation of Life and the Living” under the supervision of Prof. Florence Caeymaex and Dr. Charles T. Wolfe. He is now editing and preparing the publication of his first monograph entitled “Bergson and Canguilhem: A Critical Study of Philosophy of Life,” currently under review by Edinburgh University Press. He also received his MA and MPhil in philosophy from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, his MA in Intercultural Studies from the Chinese University of Hong Kong, his BA in Religious Studies from Hong Kong Baptist University.
- Philosophy of Life;
- Contemporary French Philosophy;
- Modern Chinese Thought and Culture;
- History of Modern Intellectuals;
- Ethics, Religion and Secularisation
- 2018.〈從生命進化到宇宙終結：德日進 (Teilhard de Chardin) 的生命哲學〉《哲學01》
- 2018 “What kind of vitalism in The Normal and The Pathological?” (pending) Co-authored with Charles T. Wolfe and Matteo Penoncelli.
- 2015. “The Return of Vitalism: Canguilhem, Bergson and the Project of a Biophilosophy”. Co-authored with Charles T. Wolfe; Edited by Miguel de Beistegui, Giuseppe Bianco & Marjorie Gracieuse, The Care of Life (London & New York: Rowman & Littlefield), 63-77.
- 2011. « Hegel et Engels sur la famille et le politique ». Traduction par G. Lejeune. Revue Mosaique, 54-67.
- 2016.“Vie et Technique: Canguilhem et le renouvellement du bergsonisme.” Symposium on “Georges Canguilhem. Science, technique, politique : perspectives actuelles.” – Université de Liège, April 22.
- 2014.“Life and technology in Bergson’s Creative Evolution.” Workshop on “Bergson and twentieth-century history of philosophy in France.” – Universiteit Gent, December 3.
- 2013. “Life as Constraint and as Challenge: Bergson, Canguilhem and the Perplexity of Vitalism.” Symposium on “Forms of Vitalism.” – Universiteit Gent, June 21
- 2012.“The Triumph of Seeing – Jacques Ellul on the Critique of Technology.” Symposium on “Technique, politique et médiation.” – Université de Liège, March 1.
- 2011.“Critical Investigation of the Concept of Life: Canguilhem or Bergson.” Séminaire interuniversitaire des doctorants 2011-2012 – Université de Liège, December 8.
- 2011. “Deleuze on the revival of Bergson’s élan vital.” The 4th International Deleuze Studies Conference: “Creation, Crisis, Critique.” – Copenhagen Business School, June 28.
- 2011. “Hegel and Engels on the Family and the Politics.” Symposium on “Hegel and the Politics.” – Université Libre de Bruxelles, May 6.
GEN2004 Business Ethics