Dr YU Lai Hang James
BA (Rutgers University)
MA (Duquesne University)
PhD (Duquesne University)
Tel : (852) 3963 5136
Email : email@example.com
Dr YU joined the Hang Seng University of Hong Kong in September 2019. He is a professional and academic in clinical psychology.
Evidence-based practice in mental health; Psychoanalysis; Humanistic Psychology; Phenomenology; Case Studies in Counselling and Psychotherapy
Selected Journal Articles
- Yu, J. (2018). Phenomenology in Clinical Practice: From Presenting Problems to Case Formulation. Australian Counselling Research Journal, 12(2), 1-4. (ISSN: 1832-1135)
- Okpych, N., & Yu, JLH. (2014). Rhyme and Reason of Practice Paradigms. Social Service Review, 88(2), 217-233. https://doi.org/10.1086/677847
- Okpych, N., & Yu, JLH. (2014). A Historical Analysis of Evidence-Based Practice in Social Work: The Unfinished Journey toward an Empirically Grounded Profession. Social Service Review, 88(1), 3-58. https://doi.org/10.1086/674969
- Yu, JLH. (2010). Human science and indigenous psychology: A reflection on diagnosis and psychological assessment. Asian Pacific Journal of Counselling and Psychotherapy, 1 (2), 140-153. https://doi.org/10.1080/21507686.2010.509440
Selected Book Chapters
- Yu, JLH. & Okpych, N. (2013). A global perspective on the current state of abnormal psychology. In T. Plante (ed.), Abnormal Psychology Across the Ages. Santa Barbara (pp. 243-261). CA: Praeger/ABC-CLIO.
- 2017. Co-Investigator. Phenomenology: A Multidisciplinary Dialogue. Inter-Institutional Development Scheme (IIDS), Research Grants Council, Hong Kong (UGC/IIDS15/H01/16). Award: HK$268,510.
2015. The Best Paper of the Year Award, Social Service Review (ISSN: 0037-7961).
- GEN1007 Psychology and Life
GEN2030 Cognition in Everyday Life