Dr Li Cho Kiu Joseph
Lecturer, Department of Social Science
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Li received his PhD in Cultural Studies from the Chinese University of Hong Kong and his MSSc in Social Science (Cultural Studies in Asia) from the National University of Singapore. His research interests include cultural studies of emotion, affect theories, public humanities, and different forms of cultural, intellectual, and artistic activisms in Asia during and after colonialism and the Cold War.
Cultural Studies of Emotion and Affect Theories; Cultural Activism; Public Humanities; Asian Cultures during and after Colonialism and the Cold War
Selected Journal Articles
- Li, C. K. (Forthcoming). Raw Fear in Hong Kong. HAU: Journal of Ethnographic Theory. [SSCI]
- Li, C. K., & Tong, K. L. (2020). We Are Safer without the Police: Hong Kong Protestors Building a Community for Safety. Radical History Review, 137, 199-216. https://doi.org/10.1215/01636545-8092870 [AHCI]
- Li, C. K. (2019). A Hong Kong Intellectual and his Mass Publication During the Cultural Revolutionization: Quotations from Man Yan Kit in the 1967 Riot (文革化下的香港知識分子與大眾刊物：六七暴動中的《萬人傑語錄》). Hong Kong Studies, (2)1, 25-35.
- Li, C. K. (2019). Freedom as Articulation: Reflections on Liberalism in Hong Kong. global-e, 11(23). https://www.21global.ucsb.edu/global-e/april-2018/freedom-articulation-reflections-liberalism-hong-kong
- Li, C. K. (2019). A Society with Wronged-Souls: Hong Kong as China’s Heterotopia (冤魂社會：香港作為中國的異托邦). Hong Kong Journal of Social Sciences (香港社會科學學報), 52, 5-18.
- Shen, X. H. & Li, C. K. (2015). The Cultural Side-Effects of the Sino-Soviet Split: The Influence of Albanian Movies in China in the 1960s. Modern China Studies, 22(1), 215-231
Selected Book Chapters
- LI, C. K. (Forthcoming). Asia’s Refugee City: Hong Kong in the Cold War. In M. Popescu, Zien, K, & K. Bystrom (Eds.), Sites of Contest: Cold War Cultural Diplomacy and the Global South. Routledge Series in Cultures of the Global Cold War.
- LI, C. K. (Forthcoming). Medium and Articulation: Teaching Humanities Classics with Cultural Studies (中介物與扣連：從文化研究看人文經典教育). In C. H. Li, P. H. Lau & C. H. Leung (Eds.), Humanities Classics and Liberal Education (人文經典與通識教育). Hong Kong: The Chinese University of Hong Kong Press.
- Li, C. K. (2019). Leftard (左膠). In Y. W, Chu’s (Ed.), Hong Kong Keywords (香港關鍵詞), pp. 265-274. Hong Kong: The Chinese University of Hong Kong Press.
- Li, C. K. (2017). Militant Contestation: Intellectual and the Idea of Valiant-Militancy (勇武抗爭：知識分子與武力／暴力的觀念). In W. Cheng, & W. H. Yuen (Eds.), The Age of Social Movement: Trajectories of Contentious Politics in Hong Kong (社運年代：香港抗爭政治的軌跡), pp. 207-221. Hong Kong: The Chinese University of Hong Kong Press.
- Li, C. K. (2016). China’s Spring Festival Television Gala. In J. Murray, & K. Nadeau (Eds.), Pop Culture in Asia and Oceania, pp. 201-203. Santa Barbara: ABC-CLIO/Greenwood Press.Li, C. K.
- Li, C. K. (2013). The “Port Aspects” of Local Consciousness: So Sau Chong (本土意識的港口性：從1966年的蘇守忠說起). In C. K. Chan, & W. L. Wong (Eds.), Local Discourse (本土論述), pp. 125-136. Taipei: AzothBooks.
- Li, C. K. (2013). The Margin of “Hong Kong Culture”: The Cultural Logic of the Patriotic Leftist (「香港文化」的邊緣：初探愛國左派的文化邏輯). In L. K. Pang (Ed.), Dialogue in the Border City (邊城對話), pp. 275-299. Hong Kong: The Chinese University of Hong Kong Press.
- Li, C. K. (2009). Colonial Spatial Politics in Hong Kong: A Study of Victoria Park (從維多利亞公園看香港的殖民空間政治). In K. W. Ma (Ed.), Exploring China Urban Studies (中國城市研究探索), pp. 55-79. Hong Kong Institute of Asia-Pacific Studies.
- 李祖喬（譯）（2020）。《民現：在後佔領時代思考城市民主》。香港：手民出版社。（Pang, L. K. (2020). The Appearing Demos: Hong Kong During and After the Umbrella Movement. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press）
- 李祖喬（譯）（2017）。《複製的藝術：文革期間的文化生產及實踐》。香港：香港中文大學出版社。（Pang, L. K. (2017). The Art of Cloning: Creative Production During China’s Cultural Revolution. London: Verso）
- LI, C. K. (2020). Affective Representations of the Sea: Propaganda Documentary of the Maritime Silkroad. [Speaker] Paper presented at International Conference Heritage Conservation along the Belt and Road Zones, The Hang Seng University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong.
- LI, C. K. (2020). Cultural Politics of Courage. [Speaker] Paper presented at CGCS Summer Dialogue Series: The Politics of Hope?, The Hang Seng University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong.
- LI, C. K. (2019). Man Yan-kit in 1967 Riot. [Speaker] Paper presented at the Association for Cultural Typhoon Conference, Keio University, Tokyo.
- LI, C. K. (2018). Active Fear: The Collective Fear of Communism in Hong Kong. [Speaker] Paper presented at the International Postgraduate Conference on Method in Asia. The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong.
- LI, C. K. (2018). Causality in Culture: Empirically Verifiable or Modelling Category? Principle of Cultural Dynamics. Paper presented at the Free University of Berlin, Berlin.
- LI, C. K. (2018). Creativity and Fear: Cultural Activism in Post-Umbrella Hong Kong. [Speaker] Paper presented at the Media, Communication and Cultural Studies Association (MeCCSA) Annual Conference, South Bank University, London.
- LI, C. K. (2017). Fearing China: A Comparison between Hong Kong and Taiwan. [Speaker] Paper presented at the Inter-Asia Cultural Studies Association Conference, Sungkonghoe University, Seoul.
- LI, C. K. (2017). Conflict and Justice: Precarious Bodies in Inter-Asia Societies. Paper presented at the International Institute for Cultural Studies, National Chiao Tung University, Hsinchu.
- LI, C. K. (2012). The Asian Edge: 2012 Inter-Asia Cultural Studies Society (IACS) Summer School. Center for the Study of Culture and Society, Bangalore.
- LI, C. K. (2011). Teresa Teng as an Ideal Female in Post Mao China. Paper presented at the Symposium: Techno-Soundings: Acoustic Methodologies of the Ear, Music Department, the University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong.
- LI, C. K. (2011). Teresa Teng: Feminine Voices from Hong Kong-Taiwan Canton Pop in 1980s China. [Speaker] Paper presented at the Inter-Asia Cultural Studies Conference—Cultural Transformations: Development Initiatives and Social Movements, BRAC University, Dhaka.
- LI, C. K. (2010). Victoria Park: Politics of Public Space in Colonial Hong Kong. [Speaker] Paper presented at the Crossroads for Cultural Studies Conference, Lingnan University, Hong Kong.
- 2017 – 2019. Hong Kong PhD Fellowship. Research Grants Council, Hong Kong.
- 2018. Global Humanities Junior Fellowship. Principles of Cultural Dynamics, The Free University of Berlin.
- ASI3005 Appreciating Asian Art, Heritage and Museum
- GEN1000 Perspectives on General Education