Dr LI Man Kong Chris
Chris Li received his PhD in Political Science from Central European University (CEU) in 2019. He researches on political theory and philosophy of socialism, jurisprudence of constitutional review from a comparative perspective, and political economy of urban social movements. He is interested in teaching history of political economy, contemporary history of Central and Eastern Europe, political theory, and law. In leisure time, he occasionally contributes essays and book reviews to local newspapers, magazines and media sites.
Political theory and Philosophy of Socialism, Comparative Constitutional Theory and Politics, Democratic Theories
Selected Journal Articles
- Li, M. K. (2021). A socialist justification of the market. Review of Social Economy, 79(3), 419-438. https://doi.org/10.1080/00346764.2021.1887507
- Li, M. K. (2017). Why egalitarian distributive justice needs equal suffrage. Romanian Journal of Society and Politics, 12(1), 7-24.
Selected Book Chapters
- Li, M. K. (2022). Between liberalism and nationalism: Hong Kong’s anti-ELAB protests and the right to the city. In W. Liu, C. Chien, Y. Z. Chung & E. Tse (Eds.), Reorienting Hong Kong’s resistance: Leftism, decoloniality, and internationalism (pp. 93–102). Palgrave Macmillan. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-16-4659-1_7
- 李敏剛（2019）。〈洛克論自由主義、私有產權及階級社會〉。菜市場政治學共同編輯群編，《菜市場政治學： 選舉專號》（頁67-74）。左岸文化。
- Li, M. K. (2020, September 9). The Chinese ‘new left’ as statist apologists. E-International Relations.
- 李敏剛（2018）。〈馬克思主義與社會自由–評Axel Honneth, The Idea of Socialism: Towards a Renewal〉。《二十一世紀》， 第167期（6月號），頁132-141。
- Chao, H. K. & Li, M. K. (2021, April), An Anatomy of Pro-Donald Trump Sentiment in the Anti-Extradition Bill movement in Hong Kong. Paper presented at the 78th Annual MPSA Political Science Conference, Midwest Political Science Association, United States.
- Li, M. K. (2020, August), Methodology, Nationalism and the Right to the City. Paper presented at the Aspects of Politics in Contemporary Sinophone World, Center for Political Thought RCHSS, Academia Sinica, Taiwan.
- Li, M. K. (2019, October), A Crisis Theory of Populism. Paper presented at the Hong Kong Political Science Association Annual Conference 2019, Hong Kong Political Science Association, Hong Kong Baptist University, Hong Kong.
- Li, M. K. (2018, June), Statist Populism and the Back Sliding of Democracy in Central and Eastern Europe. Paper presented at the International Conference: Labor and Social Movement in the Age of Global Populism, RC47, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong.
- Li, M. K. (2017, April), Reconsidering the Normative Foundation of Democratic Socialism: Themes from Lukács and Márkus. Paper presented at the The Legacy of Georg Lukács: An International Conference, ELTE and Central European University, Hungary.
- Li, M. K. (2016, June), Individual Responsibility and Public Justification: Are They Really Compatible? Paper presented at Symposium on Steven Wall’s works, Summer School: Equality and Citizenship, University of Rijeka & The Center for Advanced Studies of South East Europe, Croatia, with reply from Steven Wall.
- Li, M. K. (2016, April), Can Workplace Democracy be justified by Deliberative Democracy? Paper presented at the Annual Doctoral Conference 2016, Central European University, Hungary.
- Li, M. K. (2016, March), Individual Responsibility and the Role of Market in Liberalism. Paper presented at the HKU Graduate Conference in Political Theory 2016, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong.
- Li, M. K. (2015, September), From Equal Moral Standing to Equal Vote: A Defense. Paper presented at the 13th Pavia Graduate Conference in Political Philosophy, University of Pavia, Italy.
- Li, M. K. (2015, June), Is Liberal Market Socialism Exploitative? Paper presented as an invited speaker, at Symposium on Alan Thomas’s forthcoming book in Oxford University Press, Republic of Equals: Predistribution and Property-Owning Democracy, University of Rijeka, Croatia.
- Li, M. K. (2015, March), A Normative Theory of Socialism. Paper presented at 7th Graduate Network Conference 2015, European University Institute, Italy.
- Li, M. K. (2010, October), Ethnic Presence in Urban Hong Kong: A Case Study on the Location of Clansmen’s Associations in Hong Kong. Paper presented at Urban Management for an Urban Future Workshop, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia.
- PPE2002 History and Philosophy and Economics
- PPE2003 Political Economy