Dr CHAN Chi Ming Victor
PhD (Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University)
Assistant Professor, Department of Social Science
Associate Master, Patrick SC Poon Amity College
Tel : (852) 3963 5108
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Chan obtained his BEcon and MPhil (Politics and Public Administration) from The University of Hong Kong, PGDE (Economics) and MA (Anthropology) from The Chinese University of Hong Kong, and PhD (Asia Pacific Studies) from Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University in Japan. Before joining the Department, he taught courses in political science and public administration at the University of Macau and the Open University of Hong Kong.
Heritage Conservation and Belt and Road Initiative; Global Public Health; International Relations of Asia; Japanese Politics; Development of General Education
Selected Journal Articles
- Chan, C. M. V. (2017). Examining the Progress of Internationalizing Japanese Higher Education From 2000-2010: An Interactive Approach. Cultural and Religious Studies, 5(8), 465-474.
- Chan, C. M. V. (2014). Politics of Compliance in Global Infectious Disease Control: Cases of SARS Control in China. Journal of Public Administration and Governance, 4(1), 114-133.
- Chan, C. M. V. (2014). Paradigm Shift of Japan’s Monetary Policymaking: Implications of Abe Shinzo’s Return to Power. Journal of International Relations and Diplomacy, 2(4), 259-270.
- Chan, C. M. V. (2006). A New Pathway for Regional Governance in East Asia: From Economic-driven Regionalization to Crisis-driven Regionalism.” Ritsumeikan Journal of Asia Pacific Studies, 21, 149-161.
- Chan, C. M. V. (2005). Normalizing Japanese Democracy: From Political Reform in the 1990s to the 2005 “Postal Election.” Journal of Comparative Asian Development, 4(2), 405-426.
- Chan, C. M. V. (2004). Domestic Determinants of Sino-Japanese Relationship in the Context of ASEAN Plus Three. Ritsumeikan Journal of Asia Pacific Studies, 14, 131-152.
Selected Book Chapters
- Chan, C. M. V. (2020). Heritage Conservation as a Tool for Cultural Diplomacy: Implications for the Sino-Japanese Relationship. In Wang S., Peycam, P.M.F., & Hui, Y.F. (eds.), Heritage as Aid and Diplomacy in Asia (pp.188-209). Singapore: ISEAS Publishing.
- 陳志明（2015）〈建立國際視野 以亞洲為起點〉，《恒管語絲》，星島日報，4月22目。
- Chan, C. M. V. (2019, Nov. 30 – Dec. 1). China’s heritage governance in the 21st century: Between politics and professionalism. Paper presented at 2019 Asia Pacific Conference, Beppu, Japan.
- Chan, C. M. V. (2018, Dec. 1-2). Strengthening Chinese identity through reorienting Chinese history education in Hong Kong: Myth and reality. Paper presented at 2018 Asia Pacific Conference, Beppu, Japan.
- 陳志明（2018年10月20-21日）〈日本在野勢力的「重整」:剖析「地方勢力」能影響「永田町」的迷思〉, 發表於中國政治學會2018年會，台北。
- Chan, C. M. V. (2018, Oct., 5-6). Memory politics in China’s Japan policy: from Deng Xiaoping to Xi Jinping. Paper presented at The 2nd Biennial International Conference on International Relations & the 12th Congress of Asian Political and International Studies Association 2018, Bandung, West-Java, Indonesia.
- Chan, C. M. V. (2018, Jun. 8-10). Mission Impossible: Why Japanese Opposition Parties Are So Fragmented? Paper presented at The Asian Conference on the Social Sciences 2018, Kobe, Japan.
- Chan, C. M. V. (2017, Jun. 15-17). Losing the momentum of economic regionalism in the Asia Pacific: Case studies of TPP and RCEP negotiations. Paper presented at the ISA International Conference 2017, Hong Kong.
- Chan, C. M. V. (2016, Nov 5-6). Examining Japan’s ROK Policy under Abe Shinzo: A Case Study of the Negotiation of “Comfort Women” Issue. Paper presented at the 2016 Asia Pacific Conference, Beppu, Japan.
- Chan, C. M. V. (2015, Nov. 7-8). China’s propaganda strategies in response to Abe Shinzo’s Yasukuni Visit in 2013. Paper presented at the 2015 Asia Pacific Conference, Beppu, Japan.
- Chan, C. M. V. (2015, Apr. 12-15). Constructing Mutual Trust in Healing: A Study of Traditional Chinese Herbal Medicine Shop in Hong Kong. Paper presented at 2015 ASIANetwork Conference, St. Louis, Missouri.
- Chan, C. M. V. (2014, Nov. 27-28). Sino-Japanese Relationship in the Context of Regional Integration in the Asia Pacific. Paper presented at the 5th International Association for Asia Pacific Studies Conference, South Korea.
- Chan, C. M. V. (2014, Nov. 1-2). China’s Security Priorities under Xi Jinping Leading to a Political Deadlock in the Democratization process in Hong Kong. Paper presented at the 12th Asia Pacific Conference, Japan.
- Chan, C. M. V. (2014, May 28-31). Sino-Japanese Diplomatic Rivalry in ASEAN and Africa: Implications for Japan’s Aid Policy” at 2014 Hawaii International Conference on Social Sciences (US), 28-31 May 2014.
- Chan, C. M. V. (2013, Jun. 24-27). Japan’s New Democracy: the Rise of Local Political Forces. Paper presented at The 8th International Convention of Asia Scholars, Macau.
- Chan, C. M. V. (2013, Jun. 14-15). Paradigm Shift of Japan’s Monetary Policy making: Implications of Abe Shinzo’s Return to Power. Paper presented at the 2013 KAPS International Conference, South Korea.
- Chan, C. M. V. (2012, Nov. 23-24), Regional Governance and Emerging Diseases in the Asia Pacific: The Roles of WHO Western Pacific Regional Office. Paper presented at the 3rd International Association for Asia Pacific Studies Conference, Hong Kong.
- 2020 – 2021. Principal Investigator. Heritage Conservation along the Belt and Road Zones: Between Politics and Professionalism. Inter-Institutional Development Scheme, Research Grants Council, Hong Kong. Award: HK$301,975.
- ASI2001 International Relations in Asia
- ASI3008 Japanese Culture and Society
- GEN1003 East Asia Cultures – Comparison of Japanese and Korean Cultures
- GEN2031 Leadership and Innovation in Community Service