The programme objectives are to:
- Develop students’ creativity, critical thinking, analytical ability and problem-solving skills in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Cultivate students’ interpersonal and communication skills in preparation for future careers.
- Instill a strong sense of social responsibility and commitment in students to be upright citizens in multi-cultural contexts.
- Enhance students’ global and local awareness through exploring various contemporary issues and management issues related to different kinds of cultural and creative industries.
- Provide students with a solid foundation of conceptual, theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of cultural and creative industries, supplemented with knowledge from humanities, social science and business.
- Enhance students’ business awareness related to cultural and creative industries.
- Develop students’ ability to design and/or produce cultural and creative related products, services and businesses with local, Greater China and global perspectives.
- Apply knowledge and theories to solving problems in cultural and creative industries, addressing social, cultural, technological and professional issues.
- Incorporate art, culture and business management considerations into cultural and creative activities, events and businesses.
- Design and/or produce cultural and creative activities, events and businesses with specific skills in management and organisation to serve both the local and international community.
Degree Award Requirement
To be eligible to graduate, a student should have:
- obtained a Grade D or above on at least 129 credits (43 modules), including all core modules;
- obtained a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0;
- fulfilled the language competency exit requirement (please refer please refer to the table below);
- passed the Information Technology Proficiency Test and attend two compulsory workshops (a) Internet Security, (b) Computer Ethics & Copyright (please visit the website of IT Learning Centre for details, website: https://goo.gl/D6oqr7);
- fulfilled the requirements of Community Services (20 hours), Extra-curricular Activities (10 hours) and Physical Activities (10 hours), within the course of the Programme.